Pico: A light weighted blazing fast Open Source CMS
You probably know the renowned and very popular php based content management system (CMS) like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal etc., each CMS has its own features and provide robust and complex APIs (Application programming interface) that helps web developer to work efficiently on their framework and extend the CMS functionality and capability. As I said they are robust and mostly people use it for complex web project also there robustness affects their speed too.
Because sometime you really need a simple website for that prefer to have a light weighted CMS that gives blazing fast website opening experience, recently a CMS called Pico is built to overcome from speed, provide simple APIs with no database connectivity at all and fully Open Source.
Features of PICO CMS (Content Management System):-
- Stupidly Simple: Picos makes creating and maintaining a website as simple as editing text files.
- Blazing Fast: Pico is seriously lightweight and doesn’t use a database, making it super-fast.
- No Database: Pico is a “flat file” CMS, meaning no database woe’s, no MySQL queries, nothing.
- Markdown Formatting: Edit your website in your favourite text editor using simple Markdown formatting.
- Twig Templates: Pico uses the Twig templating engine, for powerful and flexible themes.
- Open Source: Pico is completely free and open source, released under the MIT license that commissioned to full white label the CMS with your own brand name [button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://pico.dev7studios.com/” target=”blank” ]Demo / Download[/button]